Monday 4 February 2013


Cemetery Girl by David Bell on Amazon (e-book version)

I've been reading this book since 14th January and I'm getting nowhere with it.  This is the first book I have read by David Bell and I'm afraid it hasn't hooked me yet, which is a shame because the idea is good.  I think it's the writing style that I'm not particularly comfortable with.  I haven't really warmed to any of the characters and I keep waiting for a twist to appear, which it hasn't yet (maybe that's what makes it a good book in some peoples eyes but for me it's just disappointing).  I feel as though I'm just plodding through to get to the end rather than enjoying a good read.

I don't like Abby (the mother) and I dislike Tom (the father) even more.  The detective feels like he's just graduated from detective 101 and is being overly nice and sweet (maybe he did it!).  As for Caitlin, she's about the only one I have warmed to in any way and that's only a fraction more than her parents.

I will finish this book but at the moment it feels as though the end is a long way off.  Full review once the 'milestone' has been reached.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment